My Top 5 Self-Care Techniques
January 13, 2021
- Conscious Breathing – calms and nourishes the body and mind
- Sit, lay down or stand comfortably and become aware of your natural breath. Notice where your breath lands in your body and just track the sensation of your breath. Stay with your breath for 3 minutes or more
- Sit, lay down or stand comfortably Place one palm on your chest and the other on your abdomen. Feel the breath expand the body into your hands as you inhale and the hands gently reach into the body as you exhale. Stay with your breath for 3 minutes or more
- Sit, lay down or stand comfortably. Become aware of your breath. Visualize a sliver of light at your heart center. With your breath grow this light to eventually fill up your whole body and expand beyond your physical body.
- Self Massage – relaxes and soothes the body and mind
- You can use some warm sesame oil or do it without the oil. Start from your feet massaging the body in light circular motion moving up in the direction of the heart. While massaging the body, send loving and kind thought to yourself.
- Tapping – invigorates the body and clears the mind
- Cup the palm of your hand and tap your body from periphery to center. Tap your body parts towards the direction of the heart. So for example when you start with your feet tap going up your legs.
- Movement – strengthens the body and calms the mind
- Walking, even in place or around your apartment
- Stretching and moving the spine in different directions (can/cow, side lean, simple twists)
- Yoga Postures
- CCF Tea – helps with digestion
- Take equal parts of coriander, cumin and fennel and bring to a boil. Sip warm through out the day. I use 1/2 teaspoon of each to the 1 quart of water. You can make the tea to your own taste using more or less.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.